Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The allure of Disney fairytales.
We all dream of one day
turning from the ugly ducklings
we think we are,
to the beautiful princesses who
seem to have it all.

It's all just a dream.
A castle in the air.
One day
we'll all just wake up like
Rip Van Winkle.
And find our dust-covered realities
just waiting for us.

All this talk of fairytales.
Let's switch to something more absorbing.
And relate-able.

It's amazing how lives can
change so drastically.
But everyone says that.
Still.
You can just see it.
It's the Great Invasion.
They're EVERYWHERE.
Anyway.
The story for today...
**mindless song from some kooked-up
kids' show plays.
STORYTIME!
sigh.
I honestly need to find something
better to do with my life.
But that's besides the point.
Back again to the topic.

One of my friends, see,
I'm naming no names, mind.
Has his heart broken. And the other,
these two people are unrelated, by the way,
was feeling a titch guilty 'bout an ex-girlfriend of his.
And I was just a-wonderin' why, I said why, suddenly
people suddenly feel the need to tell me
their personal life stories.
It's all good and well, but I'm not exactly the best listener.
Or comforter.
Not the blanket type, mind.

So why?
Not like I've suddenly changed
from the person you see on the street
to the person you call when your heart's all broken.
I haven't ever been a particularly nice person.
Or someone who really remotely
cares about people outside my circle of buddies.
Maybe my life has suddenly made a U-turn.
Straight into an oncoming car.
OOH.
haha.
I just wonder where this is all taking me.


Let mi now tok lyke de
mindless ppl u get 2 see all de tyme
on maplestory.
dese ppl r prob too lazy 2 type
a wrd wif perhaps 3 lettrs,
so dey try hard 2 shrten
it so dat it has only 2 lettrs instead.

haha.
i am such a snob.
it took me SO LONG to think
of how best to shorten the words.
I am just NOT used to typing
like my keyboard has missing keys
on it.
Sigh.
I wonder why these people insist on it
though.
haha.
And their spelling?
leaves MUCH to be desired.

sappire -> sapphire.
earing -> earring

etcetera.
The only short forms I use are when
I have no choice due to time constraints.
Or I just don't wanna waste time on useless
conversation.
Or when it's a typo.
which i then hasten to correct.
Sigh.
Snob I am.
Clever I am not.