Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Rotter and the Dream Factory on Fire.

Well, I guess HP wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
I suppose it's alright - if you've got amnesia and
totally don't remember the storyline at all.

But i don't.
And I give it the thumbs-down.
Way down.
Like, towards the ground.
Now for the nit-picking.

Things I Did Not Like About HP and the GOF:
-
The Quidditch match was essentially non-existent.
How can you have Harry Potter without Quidditch?

-
Albus Dumblydorr SUCKED.
The first and worst nitpick of all.
Bigtime. What the hell is with that B-list actor?
I want Richard Harris.
I don't care if you have to ressurect him from the dead.
That stupid what'shisface can't act for nuts.
Dumblydorr is SUPPOSED to be gentle,
calm, thoughtful, quiet, sophisticated,
COLLECTED.
This numbskull here can't portray that at ALL.
So what if he's energetic?
That's not Dumblydorr at all. Urgh.

-
Where's Dobby? And Winky? Hmm?
They're supposed to be big players!
Dobby is supposed to give Harry the Gillyweed!
But no, they had to have LONGBOTTOM do the honours.
And Winky? She's supposed to be holding Harry's wand.
How much does it cost to create a CG character?
It's not as though you have to create one from scratch.
And that cost you at least one person off your fanbase - me.

-
Come to think of it, why is it that Harry didn't lose his wand?
The Ministry people are supposed to suspect him of
making the dark mark!

-
The clearing in the woods? Where they saw the Veela?
Where the hell was that?

-
Her-my-own-ninny is not supposed to be wearing PINK robes.
They're PERIWINKLE BLUE.
Or hasn't the director read the book?

-
And Krum. He's supposed to have a crooked nose.
But I guess you couldn't be bothered with itsy details.
The MAZE.
Where was the Sphinx?
And the Spider?
And the Skrewts?
And the cloud of whatever-it-was that made Harry feel all weird?

-
AND CHO CHANG.
Urgh.
She's supposed to be PRETTY.
Not dangit FAT.
Her accent is cool, but that's not Cho.
Oh well. I never much liked Cho anyway.
And in the Owlery? If the scene was supposed to be set in the Owlery.
Harry is supposed to say "Wangoballwime?"
But it came out perfectly understandable.
Or maybe that's just to my honed Singaporean ears,
after many years of training, I have developed Speed Hearing.

-
In the prefects' bathroom.
The mermaid is sleeping.
You couldn't remember that?
Sigh.
"She was flashing her fins."

I understand that you want to cut time off the movie, but this is no way to do it.
Not when it means having important characters and sequences cut off.
Because you lose the juice of the story.
The part that would have made Harry Potter lovers round the world accept
this film readily as a representation of the adventures of
The Boy Who Lived.
But now it's so commercial.
This story might be money to you, but it has killed off my appreciation of
Harry Potter's current director.
I want Chris Columbus. He understood Harry Potter.
I want Richard Harris. He was THE Dumblydorr.
Sigh.
I shall just resign myself to reading HP instead. With no sound effects.

What could have been becomes a should have been.
And what should have been will never be.