A bestseller, I tell you.
X)
I love marshmallows.
Roasted ones.
Mmm-mm.
Perfection on a stick.
Had class bbq yesterday.
Jooser and her dad picked me up at my home.
How cool is that?
Muaha.
And her dad is real funny.
And we hit it off!
And I was thinking deep inside,
I wish my dad were that way.
I mean, I love our family
with all its dysfunctional
[See, Nicole? This is what happens
when I talk to you so much. XD
Not that I'm really complaining.]
But I wish I could talk about anything I wanted.
There's something to be said for openness
in a family unit.
Anyway.
We reached there after going a few rounds.
X)
And her dad dropped us off.
Along with a bottle of honey.
A tissue box.
5 skewers.
A whole BAGFUL of chilli packets.
And the heavyweight of all:
6 KG OF CHICKEN.
58 pieces!
Like, whoa.
Muaha.
Then Joo called Fanneh,
who promptly picked us up.
We got there, to find all the people present
were playing CARDS.
3 groups of people PLAYING CARDS.
Talk about bored.
But we joined in too.
X)
So I shall reserve all comment on this
occurence.
And Joo got all
she discovered the show about to air was
JUSTICE LEAGUE!
Muaha.
She likes Batman.
But Flash is cooler, nyah.
Yesterday's episode featured:
- GREEN LANTERN! X)
- BATMAN!
- WONDERWOMAN!
- And some other guy. wearing a gold suit. >_<
But we stopped watching to light the fire.
with 5 miserable firestarters. and a small bag of charcoal.
and NO TONGS.
moral of the story? do NOT depend on an astrobabe/bimbo to plan your bbq.
Oh my goodness.
I realised my first thought was to put down
"light your fire" in place of "plan your bbq"
but the Joo-filter went off.
lucky it was there.
XD
Anyway, we got the fire started somehow.
Which is considerably better than the neighbour.
They started the fire alright.
Albeit the fact that they used an aluminium tray.
The kind your mom uses to hold beehoon at a buffet party.
(>_<)
But the moment they started cooking all hell broke loose.
Their food caught fire rather frequently.
Which was worse than our 3 little fire emergencies.
>_< Haha.
So Cheryl, having nothing to do,
proceeded to sit opposite them and laugh while they tried to put the fires out.
"Free show what." Uh-huh. Live entertainment too.
Anyway. After cooking for an interminable length of time,
Joo and I decided to clean our feet.
So we went to the KIDDY POOL.
Yes, now you can shake your fingers at us and mutter under your breath about the youngsters these days.
Anyway, we dragged our feet in the water.
And I'm under the impression that the kids will come out considerably dirtier than when they entered the pool, or at least till the next filtering.
After that we walked back.
And cooked some more.
But we roasted MARSHMALLOWS instead.
Mmm-mmm. Yummy.
Hence the expression, perfection on a stick.
XD
Which Joo seems to be able to demystify into something rather unmentionable.
Sigh. Even innocent marshmallows, you can turn into perverse objects.
>_<
And we had lots of fun roasting and EATING.
Always the eating.
But we ran out. So we went to buy MORE! And roasted more.
Which brings me to the highlight of the event - The one that caused Karen to scream.
Joo and snogged with the help of a marshmallow.
'Eeyer, stop kissing lah!"
Which made EVERYONE turn around to watch.
Stoopid Lian.
Okay, i know this post is rather late, but still.
Cheers.
Enjoy it even though it is rather incomplete in the details after that.
XD