Friday, April 02, 2004

I just want to laugh.
To laugh about dumb people.
Don't you see how meaningless life is already?
It's like, my life is one futile attempt at some semblance of peace.

I see a broken mirror in front of me.
reflected in it is my life, my dreams, my wishes.
I reach out to touch what i think was my history,
and I get cut.

My finger hurts, I see it bleed.
I laugh, i look, I suck on it.
the blood is warm, I feel my pulse,
It's a nice low drumbeat, I see it now.

Anyway, let me give you a poem. I love it.

As the dream passes through me,
I feel more pain than before,
just an intrusion of the joy and peace
I once had
I was fooled - and now,
I must win my will back
to live to be myself
once again
-anne marie martinez, from "blinded". Anne died at age 18 from a drug overdose.-

I'll be back later to continue.