Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I can't believe this
I actually WANT to study and do well
but then again,
it's not too surprising
I wanna do well and show them I'm worth something

I feel so inferior to everybody else
I get so little pocket money
My parents NEVER buy me anything
They make me feel stupid

I"m not pretty
I'm not cute
I'm so coarse and loud
and I don't even have brains
and I'm not brave or courageous
how much more lame can one person get?

It's not as though I'm not trying or anything
It's like, I'm always trying to get my parents to be proud of me
deep inside even though I also want to be rebellious
I listen to what they say
I don't really talk back
I don't ask for extravagant amounts of money
but why is it that I can't ever get to feel their love?

I like, tried so hard, I was trying to study yesterday
I copied every chinese sentence out for easier revision
I tried to do everything to hide my disappointment
Lately I've been feeling neglected
Especially since my mom came home
I can't do anything
I don't want to look real disappointed and spoilt and everything
but when she came home
and gave my sister a softball bat and baseball
I wanted to cry my heart out
because I was the only one who didn't get anything

It's as though they think that I don't deserve their love
Forget it, I'm not going to try and please them anymore
From now on, what I do, I do for myself and myself only
I don't want them to think I did it for them
I'm sick of seeing their disappointed faces
And when I do like, really well and everything
They don't even say a word
I've improved so much from last year


I don't do drugs,
I don't run away from home
I don't play truant
I don't drink

I get home on time
I'm a real good girl
but why is it
that they never seem to approve?

I don't steal
I don't cut
I don't hit people
I don't join gangs

I don't ignore rules
I'm a real god girl
but why is it
that they never seem to approve?