Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I'm back.
That may be bad news,
or it may be good.

For everyone who keeps asking
how Japan was,
it was GREAT.
The weather was wonderful except
for one day.
I saw TONS of cute guys.
I did lots of fun things.
I bought things for other people.
I learnt a lot.
I had lots of laughs with people
I liked.

But there's always two sides to everything.
Except maybe for a Mobius strip.

The one day it was raining, we were out of doors
the whole day.
And I got scolded for not trying to keep dry.
Sorry, but I LIKE the rain.

All the cute guys didn't see me.
But I knew they wouldn't.

We spent tons of time waiting for stuff to happen.
Waiting for our lunch, dinner money etc.
Waiting for rides.
Waiting for the plane.
Waiting for others to get ready.
Waiting, just waiting.

I had no money left over to buy anything for myself.
Except a pair of drumsticks.

I got scolded a lot.

I also had to travel with people I positively DISLIKE.

But then again, these things had to happen sometime.
I'm not complaining.
Because I enjoyed the trip nonetheless.
And I really learnt a lot.
And I grew up.
And I learnt to be independent.
I really appreciate my parents paying for me to go on
this trip.
Seriously.
I will NOT forget it.

And I know that people want to know what we did.
So here's what happened.

1st day -
We met at the airport at 5. Boy was it early.
Then the plane took off at 8.
Reached the hostel at around 10
after reaching Narita airport, then hopping
onto a coach for an hour.
Ate dinner.
Marveled at the small doors in the toilet.
Bathed in 5 minutes.
Fooled around.
Jumped into bed.

2nd day -
World Expo.
Took 3 hour bus journey to Aichi.
Non-stop rain.
Cold.
Went to the Singapore Pavilion.
Saw the long queue.
Gave up the idea of trying to get in.
Went to the Mitsubishi thing,
the What If the Moon didn't exist?
It was kinda boring,
except the music was cool.
And the visuals were kinda nice.
It was supposedly the world's biggest screen.
But seriously, it's just a big screen
with mirrors around it to make it look twice
as spectacular.

Then went for lunch.
Ate s$15 laksa [1000 yen] .
Expensive.
Saw, amazingly, that the line for
the Singapore Pavilion was
EVEN longer.
Jeez. I seriously wonder what's
in there.
Then decided that a walk to the
Mammoth Lab would take too long.
So we lined up to take the Wonder Wheel instead.
It was cool.
Then rushed to buy stamps.
To send a letter to Pei Li.
And we were LATE.
Got scolded on the bus.
Was given 1000 yen to buy dinner.
Ate udon.
Yum.
Then got back to the hostel.
Bathed. Slept.

3rd day -
Went to the music museum.
Saw lotsa cool instruments.
I found out that I can buzz.
And then saw the cool organ
sorta things.
Yeah.
Then went to the museum of ethnology.
The only fun thing there was watching
Cherlynn, Ivy, Theresa and Yi Xin
dressing up.
It was funny.
Then we watched this kinda disgusting
vid. on Stone-cooked kangaroo.
saw the innards of the kangaroo ballooning out.
grossness redefined.

4th day -
Went to Kinki university.
Took public transport.
Had lotsa fun with gen boy-watching.
It was kinda embarassing at first
when we arrived at Kinki University.
Cos' they were all standing there CLAPPING.
jeez.
Then went for sectionals.
It was fun.
Had intro session.
I can remember that there was
1 Maki [SL]
1 Satoshi
2 Yukos
2 Erikos
1 Yuka
and the rest are kinda hazy.
Then we had sectionals.
They have COOL sectionals.
They hold long notes and breathe
together. LOUDLY.
But it works cos' they come in together.
And one of the Yukos is SUPER chio.
And the other is so funny.
She was my favourite.
And Maki is my idol.
And one of the Erikos is cute.

Then went for lunch.
They brought bento.
We had catered lunch.
Then kinda wandered around for a while.
After that we had combined.
With B. Sax guy and all! (:
Then heard the high school play.
They're quite good.
Then we left for the hostel.
):
But we saw cute softball guys on our way back,
so that was okay.

5th day -
Took coach to the uni.
Practiced.
Technical rehearsal.
Then had the concert.
Whoo boy was the uni good!
They won a competition last year.
(:
Of course, because they had Maki, and the trumpet guy,
and the COOL trombone girl, and B. Sax guy!
Then had the farewell party.
Took lotsa pictures.
Then also took secret pictures of B. Sax guy.
Actually we just took one.
Because he soon found us out.):
Said bye to them.
Had our hearts broken cos' they're SUPER nice people.
They actually enjoyed having us over!
And Yuko said I was pretty! And she took a picture with me!
Haha.
PT said I was kodomo, which means child.
Because I was behaving like a kid and all.
But that will probably be the first and last time I do that.
Trust me.

6th day -
Went to Universal Studios via train.
But there were no cute guys cos' it was past their school time.
Then we spent the WHOLE day at USJ.
Up to them I had been pretty good with my money,
But I just lost control.
Haha.
Bought TONS of stuff.
I feel guilty.
Oh well.
I couldn't have held on too long.
Just as well.

7th day -
Home sweet home.

______________________

The Washington Post's Annual Mensa Invitational
asked readers to take any dictionary word,
alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter,
and supply a new definition.
Here are some of this year's winners:

Intaxication:
Euphoria at getting a tax refund,
which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

Reintarnation:
Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

Bozone (n.):
The substance surrounding stupid people
that stops bright ideas from penetrating.
The bozone layer, unfortunately,
shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Giraffiti:
Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.

Sarchasm:
The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit
and the person who doesn't get it.

Inoculatte:
To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

Hipatitis:
Terminal coolness.

Karmageddon:
It's like, when everybody is sending off
all these really bad vibes, right?
And the, like, the Earth explodes and it's like,
a serious bummer.

Decafalon (n.):
The grueling event of getting through the day
consuming only things that are good for you.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to
seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Arachnoleptic fit (n.):
The frantic dance performed just after
you've accidentally walked through
a spider web.

Beelzebug (n.):
Satan in the form of a mosquito,
that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning
and cannot be cast out.

Caterpallor (n.):
The colour you turn after finding half a worm
in the fruit you're eating.
_____________________

Now I realize that I'm so much better off
without you.
Without you hurting me.
Without me wondering what the hell I'm
supposed to be thinking.
And I'm not afraid to think anymore.
Not afraid of what others like you think of me.
I'm going to live my life for me.
Without you destroying my plans.
Messing up my life.
Thanks for trying anyway,
but I don't need your help.
I will be alright.
I will not dwell on the heartache
you so conveniently provided.
And I will learn.
And I will be me.