Sunday, May 29, 2005

I'm sorry.
Maybe I just keep letting you down.
Over and over again.
I don't know why.
I don't intentionally do it.
I swear.
I just need a little time to adjust.
Lately I've been overloaded.
Just give me some time to get
my life back in order.
I'm feeling so empty
without your happy laugh.
You haven't complained
But I can see the unhappiness in your eyes.
Maybe you feel like I'm neglecting you.
I don't know
I don't think I have the right to judge you.
Maybe you'll get on so much better without me
But I feel as though
my life is now so void of meaning.
You made me happy
when I thought I'd never be happy again.
I'm truly sorry.
I think I'm losing control of myself.
Soon I'm going to just fall over the edge.
But thank you.
For keeping me on the side of sanity that much longer.
I'm sorry.
I know it sounds so worn and empty.
So easily spoken
and without real feeling.
But it's the only way for me to express myself.
I was happy
Thanks for being there.
I'm losing it.
Suddenly that ledge seems so inviting.
Maybe you'll be disgusted at me
For being so weak and without courage.
But maybe you'll never understand
What it's like to be me.
Stay happy
Because it's so easy to fall down and never get up again.
I feign happiness.
I smile.
I laugh.
But my life is so empty.
A hollow vessel.
An empty ship.
I still remember all the times
we spent together.
The ice cream we ate at the playground.
The times I went to your house.
Elektra.
A moment to remember.
And movies we should have watched together
but I foolishly broke off our engagements.
I'm sorry.
I'm so caught.
Between doing my duty
and being a good friend.
Again, the only way for me to truly express
my regrets at being such a lousy friend
is to say I'm sorry.
It's so difficult for me to apologise.
But I've done it.
But maybe you won't see this.
Maybe I'm not that important to you.
Maybe I was just cheating myself.
Creating my own world and
decieving myself.
Anyway, I've said everything I wanted to by now.

I think I’ve already lost you
I think you’re already gone
I think I’m finally scared now
You think I’m weak - but I think you’re wrong
I think you’re already leaving
Feels like your hand is on the door
I thought this place was an empir
eBut now I’m relaxed - I can’t be sure

I think you’re so mean - I think we should try
I think I could need - this in my life
I think I’m just scared - I think too much
I know this is wrong it’s a problem I’m dealing

If you’re gone - maybe it’s time to go home
There’s an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move
If you’re gone - baby you need to come home
Cuz there’s a little bit of something me
In everything in you

I bet you’re hard to get over
I bet the room just won’t shine
I bet my hands I can stay here
I bet you need - more than you mind

I think you’re so mean - I think we should try
I think I could need - this in my life
I think I’m just scared - that I know too much
I can’t relate and that’s a problem I’m feeling

If you’re gone - maybe it’s time to go home
There’s an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move
If you’re gone - baby you need to come home
Cuz there’s a little bit of something me
In everything in you

I think you’re so mean - I think we should try
I think I could need - this in my life
I think I’m just scared - do I talk too much
I know this is wrong it’s a problem I’m dealing

If you’re gone - maybe it’s time to go home
There’s an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move
If you’re gone - baby you need to come home
Cuz there’s a little bit of something me
In everything in you