Thursday, May 19, 2005

I'm disappointed.
I thought you'd be different.
I thought you were special.
I thought you had integrity.
But it turns out
you're just a replica
of everyone else.
I couldn't have been more
frightened, revolted or disgusted.
Why did you play me like a game?
I keep wondering
if you really knew
what I felt.
I keep thinking
guessing
pondering
about what you thought.
I've lost my faith.
You moron.
Sucker.
Asshole.
Jerk.
Freak.
I hate you.
Simply because you lied.
To me.
To my heart.
The very part of you
I thought I could always depend on
Has been ripped to shreds
before my very eyes.
The facade you placed before me
was oh-so-convincing.
You got me.
But then I realize that you
were the one person
I couldn't trust.
Did you think I'd remain blind
to your deceit?
Did you think this game of pretence
would end up
happily ever after?
Why?
I wanted to know you as you are.
Not somebody you wanted to be.
I'm ashamed.
To say that I ever thought you
were special.
How could you lie?
I'm afraid to trust you.
To trust anyone.
Because I don't want to let another
wolf into my life.

In the beginning you attracted me
because I thought you didn't care
what others thought.
That you said what you wanted to
because that's the way you really felt.
But as I delved deeper
I realized that you were trying to fit in
Just like everyone else.
That would've been alright
But to sacrifice your morals
so as to be able to 'belong'
goes way too far.
How far were you willing to go?
Would you have let go
if you thought it was too much?
I don' t think so.
That's why I can't trust you.
Because I can't depend on you
to stay the same.
There are places I draw the line.
And you just overstepped it.
I'm sorry.
The masquerade's over.
The party has withered into a rose
past its blossom.
Leave.
I loved you once
I love you still.
But I have to let go.
Change is ever-present
but that doesn't mean everything has to
succumb to becoming different.
Maybe if you changed...