-beautiful dreamer you broke my fragile heart.
Perhaps you have never seen me
as anyone but a friend.
Not more than a "mate".
But I knew I would like you
so much more
than you would ever accept me as.
The difficulty of letting go
is the uncertainty of
getting yourself back.
I would have let go
a long time ago.
If I was less unsure
of what you might say.
Because despite everything
I really like you.
So much it hurts.
So much that your smile is enough
to make me feel great
for at least a day or two.
It might not be much to you.
"It's just a smile," you might say.
But it makes me feel good.
Because I love smiles.
They remind me of good days
past and good days to come.
And they remind me just why I like you.
There's so much to say,
so much to care about.
So much to leave behind.
So much to lose.
Maybe you come here.
Maybe you don't.
But the real reason I didn't let you
look into my diary
was because in there was you.
The secretly incriminating evidence
of my exaltation of you.
So smile a little
it goes a long way for me.
And it reminds me
of what i have yet to say.
But don't be afraid of me.
There are things I will and will not do.
Don't let my infatuation get in the way
of a perfectly blissful friendship.
Because we are good friends.
Or at least I hope so.
And I hope it stays that way.
I don't want to ruin by the things
that we might say.
And so I never said a word.
But that could also be because I feel
that I couldn't be good enough for you.
EMBRACE YOUR FUGLY NATURE, MY FRIENDS!
(: