Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I have come into encounter with a crazy man twice in my life.
Or at least, twice that I can distinctly remember.
This man, I think it was the same guy,
he does the same thing twice.
He digs in the trash can, fishes out a newspaper and
frowns as though the lines of words on the paper
do not separate into comprehension.
He then puts it back in and continues walking.
He walks up to me and speaks in
chinese, I think.
I can only recognise the first two words,
the rest a string of incoherent words that
seem to be uttered, or rather mumbled, with revulsion,
as though the words are detestable and have a certain rancid
taste to them.
And then I freak.
Quietly, of course.
I don't know what to do, and his stance is such that
I am edging myself slowly toward the busy road where I will
probably meet my end.
And today, I have a saviour-of-sorts.
A guy, in his 20s, rides the path and
thus breaks the tension and atmosphere.
And the pathway being narrow, the "crazy" man has to continue on
his way, shuffling his feet resignedly, as if the worlds' weight
were on his shoulders.
During this chance meeting,
I noticed that my facial expression adjusted itself quickly into
a sort of pitying frown.
But I wonder if it was successful.
I've never been good at pitiful expressions,
either as the one being pitied or the one pitying another.
I suppose I can carry off the sadistic look,
the skeptical frown,
the sarcastic snort,
the sleepy shrug,
the bored "stoning" stare.
but I haven't had much practice doing the pitiful look.
Okay, so I have no idea why I am soliloquizing on
such a humdrum topic.
So I'll switch frequency now.
My results are as follows:
EL - 42.0[E8]
[Okay, not even partly satisfactory,
but for those who think my english is substandard,
I beg to differ.
I would have been able to pass, even score,
had I the time to complete my summary.
Yet, I was trying out the new method advertised so freely
by Mdm Kala, so I decided to do points, so far so good.
But then I also decided to do a draft summary.
Bad idea.]
CL - 68.5 [B3]
[I have improved significantly,
if I may say so myself.]
A Maths - 87.5 [A1]
[Ha. For all of you, I say ha.
End of story.]
Maths - 62.5 [B4]
[Improvement seen here as well.]
Chem - 70.0 [A2]
[Okay, so my grade dropped here.
But it's still okay.]
Physics - 44.4 [D7]
[A drop here as well, but I deserved it, I suppose.
I am working to improve. Watch this space.]
Combined Humanities - 72.0 [A2]
[Not bad, I suppose. Could do better.]
Lit [E] - 56.0 [C5]
[Okay, I know this one dropped from last year.
I will also work on this.]

So there you have it.
It is now 11:15pm and I shall now seek to
retire to my humble abode.
Ciao.
[[Waiting for my Prince Charming to knock my socks off____*Lee MinWoo, where are you?]]