Saturday, December 10, 2005

playing through all the weird songs in my
song library now.
I just feel so messed-up right now.
And I don't know what to think anymore.
Anything to get my mind off things.
How foolish I was.
Urgh.
I feel so embarrassed.
That I could've thought anyone would
love me.

When your heartstrings break,
who can you rely on to unbreak your heart?

Sitting on the cold hard stone floor.
Wishing there really was a parallel universe
out there somewhere.
Where we could be together.
But now I've lost my faith in everything
I've believed in.
Maybe this is just my excuse to fail.
For me to let go.
I wish I could turn back time.
Slap myself out of the delusions I've
been living in.
I just wish that it was you who was at fault.
That you were the one who led me on.
So i could turn around.
And blame you for all this hurt I'm feeling.
My head is spinning now.
And this pain i feel is just too real for me to take.
I want to take a pill.
Go to sleep.
Put away this hurt.
Can you hear that?
It's the sound of my heart breaking.
It's aching so bad I wish I could just lie here.
And die.
To get rid of it.
I'm going crazy now.
To get it out of my system.

What if I was alright?
What if I wasn't wound so tight?
What if I had the balls to be bad?
Would you still look at me like that?
Would you be mad that I had held the old me back?

Why can't I be somebody else?
Somebody who isn't too cool to believe it's okay to be just me

Maybe I was too much
Maybe I'll take it down a notch
Maybe I'll have the guts to go mad
Maybe I'll mess me up real bad
Maybe I'll make you wish you had the old me back

Why can't I be somebody else?
Somebody who isn't too cool to believe it's okay to be just me

What if I can't remember who I'm trying to be?
Why can't I be somebody else?
Somebody who isn't too cool to believe it's okay to be just me
Just me.