Friday, November 26, 2004

28/10/04
Today I found out the true power of prayer.
Even if you are an atheist,
hearing a prayer can somehow
give you a boost of faith in mankind.
Today Auntie May cried,
and she and Yee Yee prayed together.
I saw them huddled together,
heads bowed in prayer,
and I felt a rush of hope and faith.
Auntie May is pregnant, by the way,
and her baby is in danger.
She bled during the flight here to Melbourne.
[looking back on 01/11 - She wasn't in any real danger, just scared]
I wish I could have said something to make her feel better.
She looked so frightened and hopeless.

And Miya and Eliza
[the two kids there with us. Eliza is Auntie May's daughter,
Miya is Auntie Abby's kid]
remind me of my cousin and I when we were around their age.
It was the thing about Eliza, 6 years old,
being able to chew gum and
Miya, 4 years old, not allowed to that really got me.
I could just feel Miya's disappointment,
and Eliza, being only 6, wasn't tactful and stuff
and took every opportunity to rub it into Miya's face.
And Miya was so upset.
She kept asking Auntie Abby to let her chew gum
so Auntie Abby for quite angry.
I've done quite a bit of growing up this past year.
I hope I continue to mature more.
P.S. It's really cold here.
The average temperature is what?
14 deg. Not used to it. At all.

29/10/04
The weirdest thing happened today.
I was about to use the toilet.
And "laying" [don't worry, it's nothing gross. I don't mean shitting or whatever.
It's just a code we use]
and I thought of Cheong.
Funny how the most mundane things can remind you of
people you are the closest to.
It's difficult to think of not being in Cheong's class next year.
I don't know what I'll do.
Separation. Heartbreak. Pain. Agony.
Life is just one cycle of repetition and hurt.
I wonder why I'm still living sometimes.
Miya is sleeping next to me.
She must be real tired.
Went shopping today at Victoria Market.
Bought multicoloured socks.
Miya's such a pretty little girl.
I wonder what she'll be like when she's older.
It's warm today.
I wonder if the skies are playing tricks on us.

Fast forward to 8:12 p.m.
I've just finished dinner in Cafe Coretto.
It's like, the only certified Ferrari Formula One
meeting place or something. Real cool.
It's got all these pictures and posters of Ferrari drivers and cars and stuff.
It's even got the Formula One drivers' signatures.
I'm certain the one I was staring at is Michael Schumacher's!

Miya's moody and grumpy.
I think it's my fault.
She probably felt lonely when
Eliza and I were reading.
Hmmmm.
So interesting to see
childhood laid out like a play.
Good thing there are others at a time like this,
cos' I wouldn't know how to handle Miya.